It’s not hard to understand why homebuyers are attracted by properties for sale in Pawleys Island, SC. The climate, recreation, and job growth in the Lowcountry is hard to beat. The Grand Strand real estate market draws a wide-range of people and businesses, making for a solid real estate market for homebuyers and investors alike.
My job as your realtor is to listen and understand your needs and wants. I want to know you, including what makes you smile, what excites you, and what coastal South Carolina lifestyle suits you best. As your agent and local real estate expert, I will help you find the perfect home that checks off as much on your checklist as possible while staying within budget.
Finding and purchasing the perfect home that will meet your needs is a significant and often stressful time. My goal is to make this transition as smooth as possible. If you are ready to begin the process of buying your piece of The Lowcountry then I invite you to call me today or submit the following form.
6 THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING
1. How's your financial health? Before clicking through pages of online listings or falling in love with your dream home, do a serious audit of your finances. You need to be prepared for both the purchase and the ongoing expenses of a home. The outcome of this audit will tell you whether you're ready to take this big step, or if you need to do more to prepare.
2. Which type of home will best suit your needs? You have a number of options when purchasing a residential property: a traditional single-family home, a duplex, a townhouse, a condo, a co-operative, or a multi-family building with two to four units. Each option has its pros and cons, depending on your homeownership goals, so you need to decide which type of property will help you reach those goals.
3. Which specific features do you want your ideal home to have? While it's good to retain some flexibility in this list, you're making perhaps the biggest purchase of your life, and you deserve to have that purchase fit both your needs and wants as closely as possible. Your list should include basic desires, like size and neighborhood, all the way down to smaller details like bathroom layout and a kitchen fitted with durable appliances.
4. How much mortgage do you qualify for? Before you start shopping, it's important to get an idea of how much a lender will give you to purchase your first home. You may think you can afford a $300,000 home, but lenders may think you're only good for $200,000 based on factors like how much other debt you have, your monthly income, and how long you've been at your current job.
5. How much home can you actually afford? Sometimes a bank will give you a loan for more house than you really want to pay for. Just because a bank says it will lend you $300,000 doesn’t mean you should actually borrow that much. Many first-time homebuyers make this mistake and end up “house-poor" with little left after they make their monthly mortgage payment to cover other costs, such as clothing, utilities, vacations, entertainment, or even food. In deciding how big a loan to actually take, you'll want to look at the house's total cost, not just the monthly payment.
6. Who will help you find a home and guide you through the purchase? As a reputable Pawleys Island real estate professional, I will help you locate homes that meet your needs and are in your price range, then meet with you to view those homes. Once you've chosen a home to buy, as your agent I will assist you in negotiating the entire purchase process, including making an offer, getting a loan, and completing paperwork.
WHERE TO NEXT?
Start the search for finding where you next home is going to be on the Grand Strand of SC.